Saturday, April 4, 2009

Covers mix #1.

Here's a cool mix of covers that I really enjoy. For reference, I might put together a mix of the originals as I feel like some of these songs are a little less known than others, but for the moment just enjoy these.

Photobucket

1. "Stillness In Time" by Calvin Harris [Jamiroquai]
2. "Do The Strand" by Scissor Sisters [Roxy Music]
3. "Take On Me" by Reel Big Fish [Aha]
4. "Let The Good Times Roll" by Powerman 5000 [Cars]
5. "I Will Survive" by Cake [Gloria Gaynor]
6. "20th Century Boy" by Placebo [T-Rex]
7. "Big Exit" by JR Ewing [PJ Harvey]
8. "99 Red Balloons" by Goldfinger [Nina]
9. "Rock el Casbah" by Rachid Taha [The Clash]
10. "I Got Your Money" by Say Anything [Wu-Tang Clan]
11. "Satisfaction" by Björk & PJ Harvey [Rolling Stones]
12. "I Feel Good" by Bobby McFerrin [James Brown]
13. "Borderline" by The Flaming Lips [Madonna]
14. "When Doves Cry" by The Be Good Tanyas [Prince]
15. "Hey Ya" by Matt Weddle [Outcast*]
16. "My Humps" by Alanis Morissette [Black Eyed Peas]

*I know they covered it, but I can't seem to find who did the original.

Download mix.

Also, I forgot to include "Feeling Good" by Muse, which is a delicious Nina Simone cover I heard in Seven Pounds (and with which I was slightly more impressed than the movie itself).

No comments: